Part 106w – GGrandmother Annie (née Walsh) Brunhammer – Visitors - Kenyan Curry

09 November 2009

Morning,

And where are those 15% of the unknown visitors living? When I check out that statistics tracked on my Blog I hone into and would really like to know where is the “Unknown”? The countries of visitors include the United States, Canada, New Zealand, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, Jamaica, Grenada, Belgium, and Vietnam. Visitors have also logged in from Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia. But where is the Unknown? And if to date about 2000 visitors have visited the Blog, that’s about 300 visitors. 300 visitors from the Unknown… I wonder? Forget, I’m not even going there. (So sorry, bad pun.)

Last night’s supper a rendition of Kenyan Curry, or should I say it was I recipe I found and then went about the kitchen and the pantry to see if I had the ingredients or at least some the ingredients… Well here’s what I had – ground beef, onions, Madras curry, onion, garlic cloves, fresh ginger-root, cinnamon, salt and pepper. I added 6 in 1 tomatoes, chick peas, potatoes, carrots, beef stock, and peanut oil, and a little bit of chili purée. Stewed everything together and then I put everything on top of some couscous. Supper was not bad.

And I’ve been working on following the lines of Andy’s great-grandmother Annie (née Walsh) Brunhammer. It is a wee bit confusing, and her name appears to be another one of those popular names something like Mary Smith. And I have to gather the compendium of documents that I have on file.

I have a copy of the 1900 US Census from Ware, Hampshire, Massachusetts. I also have subsequent US Censuses from 1910 and 1920 from Wilmington, Delaware. Great-grandmother Anne married great-grandfather Eugene around 1890 and she must have passed away sometime between early 1920 and 1930. Great-grandfather Eugene is enumerated as a widower in the 1930 US Census at Wilmington.

According to the Census entries she immigrated to the United States around 1883 and 1884, but the question is at what port did she and her family arrive? Was it New York, or Boston, or Philadelphia? In 1883 great-grandmother Annie would have been about 12 or 13 years old and one would expect a girl of that age to have been traveling with her family. Maybe… And of course the 1890 US Census was destroyed by fire, and that rules out any possible information from that year.

The three consecutive Censuses, the 1900, 1910, and 1920 all list great-grandmother Annie’s (aka Anna’s) place of birth as England. It also lists her parents’ places of birth as Ireland.

The following is the new Descendant Chart which we hope to elaborate as we discover more about great-grandmother Annie (née Walsh) Brunhammer.


Stay tuned for the developing chronicle and narrative of the life of great-grandmother Annie.

Enjoy,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template