Part 89s - Smith Records - 1818 GG-Granduncle Henry Smith

23 October 2009


Morning Again,

I'm trying something new. Again. This time WordPress through Dreamweaver, and I haven't got a clue of what I'm doing. The problem is that I have been procrastinating learning both. And now I've decided to bite the proverbial bullet and see if the grey matter between my ears may have a couple of good synapses and neurotransmitters left.

And I thought I would play it a wee bit simple.

I am introducing a transcription of the 1819 Baptism Entry to the St. George Parish Register for great-great-granduncle Henry Smith. He was born on the 3rd of March 1818 and baptised the 1st of January 1819. This entry was discovered on the microfilm FHL[1523656] in Item 4. (Please note - Items in the FHL microfilms are the equivalent of chapters.

From my understanding this portion of the Register was damaged and it was transcribed in the early 1900s. So I'll follow with my transcription of the transcription of the orginal entry number 418.



Sources: Parish of St. George, Anglican Church, Grenada 

73

A.D. 1819

418

Henry, son of James Smith and Mary Ann Dorette born the 3rd of March 1818 and baptised 1st January 1819.

Sponsors:- Ambrose Hayling

Catherine Alderidge, Rose Herbert, John Chapman

sgd. Francis McMahon


Based on the information I have been able to gather at this point, gg-granduncle Henry was ggg-grandparents James Smith and Mary Ann Doret's sixth child and third son. Please note the way as discussed in Part 88s ggg-grandmother Mary Ann's surname is now spelled a third way - Dorette. I have found Doret, Doral, and now Dorette.

And I just realized that there is one hell of a lot to learn in both WordPress and Dreamweaver... but I'll continue.

Please feel to email me or comment to any of my postings.

Enjoy,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template