My Tangent - Grub?

29 November 2010

Morning,

I did not think I would have to be checking out for Grubs on my PC.? Hell no, not in a month of Sundays… But they do exist. And it is not a virus, nor a Trojan, nor is it a worm, even though it has that sort of connotation.

I decided to follow my routine Ubuntu upgrade, (which I normally do), and then I was contemplating working on my new database which organizes and manages the many FHL microfilms that I have reviewed. Then it happened. I tried to boot up Ubuntu, but to no avail. It won’t boot up. Hell and damnation!

Well I booted up my Windows operating system and it worked very well; and then I went looking for my problem in my Ubuntu non-start-up. It appears that there is an upgrade to a working program in Ubuntu called Grub. From what I understand, if I understand computer-ese at all, Windows does not like the upgrade to Grub… and I do not know how to fix it. I tried and tried, this weekend.

Oh and by the way, GRUB is short for GNU GRUB which stands for GNU Grand Unified Bootloader. It is a boot loader package which allows a user the choice to boot one of multiple operating systems installed on a computer.  And of course I have it on my PC.

And so I worked, in Windows on my next Indenture in the search for the origins and ancestry of my ggg-grandfather James Smith.  This next Indenture just so happens to be the smallest script writing yet. The clerk seemed to try and fit as much he could on each line which of course is giving me a challenge to my transcribing capabilities.

But have no fear, I will be back… Just as soon as I get the Grub issue eradicated.

Enjoy,

Jim

1 comments:

Michelle Goodrum on November 30, 2010 at 11:14 AM said...

Good luck!

I always say I have a love hate relationship with computers.

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template