In the search for some hint or clue of the genealogy of my ggg-grandfather James Smith and his immediate family, I have finally finished the 31 Pages of an Indenture finally dated 25 March 1822. A copy was entered to the Grenada Registers of Records on 9 May 1822.
My source of the Record is from the microfilm held at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. The Smith-related Indenture is found in Item 8 of the microfilm FHL .
As this Document and the transcription work is long, and somewhat tedious I have decided to divide the pages and present them over six, hopefully, consecutive Postings on A Genealogy Hunt.
The names identified are included in this Indenture:
- Richard Oliver Smith
- Harriet Smith, his first wife
- Mary (née Broderip) Smith, his second wife
- Edmund Broderip the Elder, his father-in-law
- Edmund Broderip the Younger, his brother-in-law
- Sarah Dean, his mother
- Mary (née Smith) Lewis, his sister
- William Lewis, his brother-in-law
- Grace (née Smith) Vyze, his sister
- Edward Vyze, his brother-in-law
- William Smith, his father
- Richard Oliver, a distant cousin
- James Evan Baillie
- Hugh Duncan Baillie
- George Henry Ames
- William Manning
- Frederick Manning
- Robert Langley Appleyard
- Thomas Stangways Homer
- John Lavicount Anderdon
Enjoy your time and hopefully this document may fit into your ancestry search. Stay-tuned for the next Postings.