Part 900bd – Brunhammer Doherty Genealogy – The Work Begins Again, and Again

29 May 2017


Good Day,

I am spending a good part of my time re-creating the Brunhammer Doherty Family Tree using the Ancestry.com Family Tree program. I have been a strong proponent in the past of not putting genealogical information on any subscription service. I always felt since I began working with genealogy around 2003 that I should be the one control of that information. Let me tell you something, Ancestry.com has come a long way since then.



I am following two specific guidelines and holding fast to them. One is that I will not put any information on the Ancestry.com Family Tree database that is a specific reference to any persons currently living. That is key and an important rule to follow. My second rule is that I will NOT "link" to any online information in any other family tree unless it is properly sourced and cited. This means that if there ain't proof it isn't going in any of my family trees.

I can also add a third and a fourth rule. The third is that I have checked the ability of the ged.com facility in order to download the information that I include on the Ancestry.com tree. The purpose for this is to make sure that I can collect my information and data should I decide to close my Ancestry.com subscription membership. (I have been a constant Ancestry member since the year 2001.

The fourth rule is that I make sure that I read the fine print and make sure that I have chosen the option that does not relinquish control of my historical data to Ancestry.

The family tree is the Brunhammer Doherty Family Tree. If you would like access to the tree you will need an invitation from me. You can sign up with Ancestry, and from what I understand, WITHOUT having to take a membership subscription. Feel free to contact me at jsmith58@gmmail.com.

If you have and comment, question, thought, idea please feel free to contact me via email at A Genealogy Hunt.

Regards,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template