Part 958sm - Tracing My Maternal Merrifield Family Line

03 July 2019

Good Day,

I decided that I would take, what I thought would be a short detour in my research. As you know I have been following and uncovering documentations and sources of information for my Paternal Great-Grandmother Ella Margaret Louise (née Scott) Smith. The finds have been quite extensive. I believe I have found links that could lead me back to some 9-times and 10-times Great-Grandparents.

As a diversion, I thought I would see whether or not I could find any information for my Maternal Great-Grandmother Elizabeth Charlotte (née Merrifield) Robertson. And guess what?

I stumbled upon another wealth of information. I believe that I have have found intertwining information back to my 6-times Great-Grandparents.

But I can quickly get myself confused. My Scott line appears to focus back to the area of Leith in Midlothian, Scotland. My Merrifield line appears to center around Leigh upon Menkip in Somerset, England.

Here is my first draft of my Merrifield Family Descendant Chart



Source: Somerset, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1531-1812 Leigh on Mendip 1670-1771


The search continues.  And I just keep on going.

Also, let me know if you would like an invitation to access to my Smith Robertson Family Tree on Ancestry. You can email me at jsmith58@gmail.com.

If you have any comment, question, thought, idea please feel free to contact me via email at A Genealogy Hunt or jsmith58@gmail.com.

Regards,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template