Part 962sp - Trying to Figure Out GG-Grandmother Elizabeth (née Parker) Crossley

03 September 2019

Good Day,

Help! Please.

I have an issue trying to decipher documents and dates all, I believe, referencing my GG-Grandmother Elizabeth (née Parker) Crossley. Her parents were my GGG-Grandparents John and Elizabeth (née Kendal) Parker.

According to the Birth registration she was born in “Twiston” and registered in Clitheroe, Counties of Lancaster and York, England. The birth date given is “10 February 1841”. Her father, John Parker’s occupation is entered as “Labourer”. (Application Number COL388967).



Per the Chapelry of Downham Register, I discovered 2 recorded Baptisms for entries of Elizabeth Parker. The dates and the father, John Parker’s occupation are different. Both entries are from the same FHL microfilm #4225986.

1. Baptism – 30 January 1841; Birth – 27 Jany 1841. Father’s Occupation – Printer. (FHL #4225986, Image 409 of 1544). I have included images of the page and of a closeup.




2. Baptism – 7 March 1841; Birth – 25 Jany 1841. Father’s Occupation – Labourer. (FHL #4225986, Image 410 of 1544).

There is a note added in the right-hand area immediately adjacent to the entry. It reads, as best as I can make out, “entered in last _____ _____ for: bapt- ism”. I have included images of the page and of a closeup.




Per the Bishop’s Transcripts for Downham, Lancaster, which is difficult to read, the Baptism date is provided as January 2? (sometime between the 24th and the 31st, 1841. The father, John Parker’s Occupation is entered as “Printer”. (FHL #4008986, Image 196 of 838). I have included images of the page and of a closeup.





From my review, it appears that the 2nd Elizabeth Parker Baptism, dated 7 March 1841 is NOT entered to the Bishop’s Transcripts. I think the note that I referred to above in point 2 may be the clue as to why.

As a note of reference, I can only find one Elizabeth Parker and her Baptism entry in the Bishop’s Transcripts for 1841.

The 1841 UK Census for Whalley, Clitheroe, Lancashire, England contains the Parker family including John and Elizabeth Parker and their daughter Elizabeth, aged 4 months. As the Census was administered on 6 June 1841, the approximation of her birth would be the end of January, beginning of February. John Parker’s Occupation is listed as “Printer”.



The 1851 Census for Twiston, Clitheroe, Lancaster, does indicate that John Parker is/was a “Farm Labourer”. Elizabeth, my GG-Grandmother’s age is entered as “11”.



Any help would certainly help solve this mystery.

Your thoughts?

The search continues.  And I just keep on going.

Also, let me know if you would like an invitation to access to my Smith Robertson Family Tree on Ancestry. You can email me at jsmith58@gmail.com.

If you have any comment, question, thought, idea please feel free to contact me via email at A Genealogy Hunt or jsmith58@gmail.com.

Regards,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template