Part 156pk – Smith Robertson Genealogy – Updated Parker Descendant Chart – Possibility of GGGG-Grandparents George and Isabella Kendal

20 December 2009

Great evening from the early morning,

Thought I would give you a quick insight to a new discovery in my genealogy research this evening. As I was working my search into the life of ggg-grandmother Elizabeth (née Kendal) Parker I accidently stumbled upon the following from a database in Ancestry.co.uk. The source is from the England & Wales Christening Records, 1530-1906 which cites Downham, Lancashire, England; Date Range: 1652-1888 and FHL [1278942].

Quoting from the Ancestry.co.uk entry:
Name: Elizabeth Kendal
Gender: Female
Birth Date: 27 Nov 1809
Christening Date: 17 Dec 1809
Christening Place: Downham, Lancashire, England
Age at Christening: 0
Father’s Name: George Kendal
Mother’s Name: Isabella

I have not seen the page or image of the document but there are four coincidences which I can cross-reference to other documents that make me think that this may be a definite possibility.
  1. Name – Elizabeth Kendal. Cross-reference – 1841 and 1851 England Census, Part 153p
  2. Birth Year – 1809. Cross-reference – 1841 and 1851 England Census, Part 153p
  3. Location – Downham, Lancashire. Cross-reference – 1841 and 1851 England Census, Part 153p
  4. Mother’s Name – Isabella. Cross-reference – 1841 England Census, name of 11-year old Isabella living with the Parker family, Part 153p
And in my continued search I discovered another possibility of one James Kendal, born about 1812 to George and Isabella Kendal. He is noted to have been christened in Downham, Lancashire on 22 November 1812. He could be my ggg-granduncle.

I have included and updated these Kendals in the Parker Descendant Chart. Please always be mindful that the information provided may change based on new data and information found and collected.




And now to get the microfilm…

Enjoy,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template