Part 481s – Smith Robertson Genealogy – A Process of Elimination? – Smiths of Nottingham – New Descendant Chart – Parts A & B

01 April 2011

Morning,

The thought crossed my mind yesterday that genealogy and the search for our ancestors is most definitely a process of elimination. This pragmatism is a certainty when one’s last name is Smith. As we progress through the generations in our search, and if our surname has become a new one or a derivative thereof, nothing but nothing can dictate or alleviate the fact that Smith is still one of the most common of five-letter cognomens.

And so, my search for the genealogy and my ancestral roots, even though I know who I am, continues as I eliminate Smith after Smith looking for the origins of my ggg-grandfather James Smith. Was he born in Grenada? Where may he have emigrated from? Which part of the world did he call his ancestral home?

Following on the heels of Part 480s, and concurrent with my latest work in my Indenture Transcription Project, I am now presenting the second Descendant Chart for John Smith of Nottingham – Parts A and B.

Abel Smith, the great-grandson of John Smith of Nottingham, had six sons. They were Thomas; Abel; Robert; Samuel; George; and John. All of these sons are mentioned in Harry Tucker Easton’s book, The History of a Banking House (Smith, Payne and Smiths) published in London in 1903. In creating my Descendant Charts I have labeled the five Charts: Part I; A and B; C; D; and E. Part I is presented in my previous Posting Part 480s.

Five of the six sons had descendants. Thomas, the eldest, according to Easton’s text did not have any children. My next Descendant Chart, Parts A and B presents the families and descendants of the brothers Abel – A, and Robert – B. Please note that the source of my data and information is Easton’s The History of a Banking House… and various other websites, including Wikipedia. All-things-being-equal the information is only as good as that which I have discovered.

Here is the second Descendant Chart – Parts A and B. This Chart is concurrent to Part I.


The top inserted image is of the Smith Bank near Mansion House on Lombard Street, London in 1751. It was downloaded from Easton's book, The History of a Banking House...

Stay tuned for Parts C, D, and E.

Enjoy.

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template