Part 513s – Smith Robertson Genealogy – My Smith Y-DNA Haplogroup Upgraded – R1b1a2a1

20 May 2011

Evening,

A new set of results are in, back from Family Tree DNA. My confirmed and updated Haplogroup is now R1b1a2a1*; Shorthand: R-L150. I have updated my Smith YDNA and mtDNA Ascendancy Chart. This genealogy genetics stuff is amazing, and at times miles above my scope of understanding... but I'm trying.


The test that was conducted was to confirm that I may have, which of course has now resulted, tested positive for the L150 SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism). Per Family Tree DNA the test, a Deepclade Test, tells one, (me), more about one’s, (my), deeper ancestry… that is, the historic migrations of one’s direct paternal ancestors. A positive result, for my Smith is L150+ is a high quality confirmation of my placement on the Y-Chromosome Consortium’s (YCC) tree. You can view the latest 2010 YCC tree at this link.

Locate the R1b1a2a1 on the YCC tree. To date, I have tested negative for the deeper branches under the R1b1a2a1. It means that I do NOT belong to any of the subsequent branches which have been tested and resulted as negative. An asterisk “*” is included at the end of result which, I believe, indicates that there is still more to be discovered… and yet to come. It means that I still have to go deeper.

The results of my YDNA Tests are as follows:

P25+ M343+ M269+ M207+ M173+ L49+ L23+ L150+ U198- U152- U106- SRY2627- P66- P312- P311- P310- P107- M73- M65- M37- M222- M18- M160- M153- M126- L51- L151- L11-

All-things-being-equal these results should be close to or equal to YDNA results for all Smith descendants of ggg-grandfather James Smith. This will include the surnames Landreth-Smith, Smith, Lloyd-Smith, Lloydsmith, Malins-Smith and others unknown.

If you have any questions, comments, or ideas, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Enjoy,

Jim


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are the same as mine!

Jim Smith on January 5, 2013 at 7:37 AM said...

And so who are you, Anonymous? You can contact me via email at jsmith58@gmail.com. Jim

Anonymous said...

I've got the same. FTDNA 12 marker YDNA results m-207 L-150 r1b1a2a1

facebook.com/mehmetsaylik

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template