Part 552kt – Smith Robertson Genealogy – 1777 Baptism GGGG-Grandmother Isabella (née Tasker) Kendal – Original Source

10 August 2011

Morning,

The rain continued yesterday. I’m glad the new neighbor has canoes and kayaks at his house. I almost had to park down the end of our street and bum a ride through the almost knee-deep flood-waters in our street. One has to be prepared in the summer in Florida… that is, at least know someone with a floating thingamajig.

This genealogy trek does not stop. Following up on the acquisition of the derivative source of the 1777 Birth Registration for gggg-grandmother Isabella (née Tasker) Kendal I have been able to find an image of the original Parish Register page. (See Part 550kt.)

Please be aware that I am building a case regarding the possibility that my maternal line includes the Tasker family. If I am incorrect, I just will have to start all over again.

I have downloaded an image of the page from the Parish Registers for Downham, a Chapelry in the Parish of Whalley. The image is contained in Item 7 of the microfilm FHL [1278942]. This is the original source which corresponds to the derivative source I found in the Lancashire Parish Register Society’s The Register of the Parish Church of St. Leonard, Downham published in 1980.



As you can see the Entry is at the bottom of the page, and can easily be missed. Here is my attempted transcription of the Baptism Entry.

17

Baptised in 1777

April

13 Isabel Dr. of John and Mary Tasker of Sawley

Enjoy,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template