Part 115s – Smith Genealogy – 1846 Baptism - Great-Grandaunt Eley Mary Smith

14 November 2009


Afternoon,

And the beat goes on. I had to switch, just to focus myself and work with something that I had found. Chasing genealogical documents in my research at times can take hours on end, and then its supper time. And you’ll notice that there is no Part 114… I created two; Part 106s and a Part 106w; earlier on. I do get confused from time to time, but I’m trying. This is Part 115s.

My focus at this moment is the 1846 Baptism Entry for great-grandaunt Eley Mary Smith, sister to my great-grandfather William James Smith, (see Part 106s). It always amazes me as to the repetition and use of names in a family. This time “Eley” and “Mary”.

Based on family notes and constructed records, I have learned to date that great-grandaunt Eley Mary Smith was the third of seven children of my great-great-grandparents James, Jr., and Cecilia Jane (née Thomas) Smith. The seven were great-grandfather William James; great-granduncles James Edwin, Victor Robert, and Inkerman Samuel Thomas; and great-grandaunts Eley Mary, Rosanne Maria, and Grace Eliza. Based on documentary evidence I have been able to substantiate six of the seven, not including great-granduncle James Edwin. I have also presented the possibility of an elder daughter of gg-grandfather James Smith and Amelia Charles, great-grandaunt Mary Smith in Part 105s.

This image of the page including the Baptism Entry, No. 240, from great-grandaunt Eley Mary Smith was discovered on the microfilm FHL[1523656], Item 8, Parish Registers, 1784-1971, Anglican Church. Parish of St. George (Grenada).


Sources: Parish of St. George, Anglican Church, Grenada 
and Family History Library


My transcription of the highlighted -
Page 31

Baptism Solemnized in the Parish of Saint George in the Colony of Grenada in the Year of Our Lord 1846

When Baptized – 1846 October 13th, No. 240
Name & Age – Eley Mary Daughter of, born April 5th, 1846.
Parents Name
Christian, Surname – James and Cecilia Jane } Smith
Abode – St. Leonard, Parish of St. George
Quality Trade or Profession – Carpenter
By Whom the Ceremony was performed – A.J.P. Buchanan?, _____ Minister of Carricou.

If you have any questions or comments or information that may be helpful to the research please email me.

Enjoy,

Jim


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template