My Tangent - Morning Carmen Miranda - A Genealogy Hunt and Quilts SB

24 June 2010

Morning,

This morning I followed a usual routine. I got up a bit earlier than usual and I walked the Pack. I then fed all and got myself some breakfast and coffee. I turned on the PC and checked out all my messages. Stopped in at the regular sites and checked the rankings at Top Listed and found that A Genealogy Hunt was at the number 2 Rank and Quilts SB hit 3rd for the first time. As these are real time numbers Quilts SB is now ranked at 6th.

I checked out Google Analytics for June 23rd. The Bounce Rate for A Genealogy Hunt had reduced to 36.4%. (According to Wikipedia the Bounce Rate “represents the percentage of initial visitors to a site who “bounce” away to a different site, rather than continue on to other pages within the same site.”) This is good news and the Bounce Rate has been slowly decreasing. It means that more readers are checking out and into A Genealogy Hunt. The rate for Quilts SB is 44.0% which is also a relatively good rating. And of course this is the statistician in me… I have to check.

And this morning I found a great piece of correspondence from Dawn who may or may not have some Smith in Grenada connection to my ggg-grandfather James Smith. It’s a lead, and after responding to her queries it was time to get ready for the rest of my day.

I now know what it feels like to wear the market stall of Carmen Miranda. This morning, in the shower I began reading the labels and ingredients of the hair and soap products. First there was an avocado pre-conditioner. Then a mango shampoo followed by hemp conditioner… The body and facial washes were of various citrus, plus one hell of a lot of 25-cent long words that certainly don’t fit into my vocabulary. And all I could think about was boom-chi-chi-boom-chi-chi-boom. Ms. Carmen had all the right ideas on top… I wonder if she ever had stock and shares in J&J…

Oh and last two night suppers: Guyanese Chow Mein and Curry Shrimp, Chicken and Vegetable Stew.

Enjoy,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template