Part 461s - Smith Robertson Genealogy - The Search Continues For GGG-Grandfather James Smith

21 February 2011


Good Day,

Thank you Tessa for nominating A Genealogy Hunt for the Ancestor Approved Award.

The Transcription Project in the search of the origins and genealogy of my ggg-grandfather James Smith continues. The next number of Indentures and Contracts are many pages and therefore are taking me some time. There are quite a few Documents referencing Richard Oliver Smith, his two wives, Harriett and Mary (née Broderip), and his deceased father William Smith.

At times, as I am transcribing and perusing the work I wonder how this Smith family history may have played out in person… I can only imagine. There are contracts and documents revolving and critical with regards to the history of Revolution Hall Estate and Plantations in Grenada. And there are monies owed to in-laws and distant relatives that it is somewhat intriguing. At times my imagination pictures a dramatic “soap-opera”.

The other thing I am intrigued with is the time element. The transportation of “signed” paper and communications over the seas from the Island of Grenada to London and Wells in England amazes me, a product of the age of instantaneous movement of information. Decades are then, as hours are to now.

Oh well, I’ll just keep on searching and transcribing. At some point in time, from the Grenada Registers of Records, I really do hope to find that clue or that errant hint that will link me to the ancestral origins and further genealogy of my ggg-grandfather James Smith.

The inserted image from YouTube is Ravel: Miroirs III. Une Barque sur L'Ocean (André Laplante)...

Some food for thought from Marsha Hoffman Rising, author of The Family Tree Problem Solver, "always assume that two people of the same name lived in the same community."

Oh, the bill of fare for supper last night, may read as a well-established bistro. The menu included:
  • Sautéed Bok Choy and Broccoli, with shallots and ginger and soy sauce
  • Mashed Garlic Turnips, enhanced by horseradish and green onion
  • Grilled Pork Paillards, marinated in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
I do love to cook… and eat. And now with the pollen season… I sneeze.

Enjoy,


Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template