Part 545p – Smith Robertson Genealogy – The Parker Project – 1809 GGG-Grandfather John Parker - Downham

20 July 2011

Greetings and Good Morning,

As in any project I undertake in my genealogy and ancestor research, I have to be careful that I keep a focus in mind. My objective of the Parker Project, apart from discovering those persons who may be of my blood line, is to try and identify and sort out the Parkers, Walkers, Kendals, et al of whom I have found birth, baptism, marriage, and death registrations. This Project could well be called my Downham Project…

The Church which seemed to be the family Church was St. Leonard in Downham. The above photo of St. Leonard Church is from Google maps.

All-things-being-equal I have been able to narrow, or should I say pinpoint a starting location for my search of these families to Downham in Lancashire, England. This will include towns and villages of the surrounding area, to include Clitheroe, Twiston, Worston, Chatburn, Waddington, etc.. Downham is approximately a 4 ½ hour, about 240 miles drive today east-northeast from London.

And this morning, I include as background to the start of my Parker Project the 1809 Baptism Registration of ggg-grandfather John Parker. See Part 186p.

The inserted map from Genuki.org, Downham Township Boundaries, is extracted from: Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R., Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. Colchester, Essex: History Data Service, UK Data Archive [distributor], 17 May 2001. SN: 4348.

And now I am ready to continue. I will be presenting birth, baptism, marriage, and death registration entries as I proceed along with my search.

Enjoy,

Jim


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template