My Tangent - Soup Spoon - Kabocha Pumpkin Soup - Genealogy List

17 November 2011

Good Morning from A Wet Tampa,

He stands frozen, staring at the table, all muscles taut. And he is focused on the table, not moving his head in either direction. I approach, he doesn’t move. Nothing breaks his line of vision. But there is something in that brain of his that has him transfixed.

I sure as hell can’t figure it out. I try to follow his line of sight. At his immediate front, a wooden TV table, a spoon on a napkin, set for the new Kabocha Pumpkin soup experiment.

Then I realize that he is staring at the reflection of the whirling overhead fan in bowl of the soup spoon. He is just staring, and staring. He, Radar, starts to growl. His object… the twirly bug in the soup spoon. And all we can do is laugh. Nothing passes this 16-pound guard dog. Nothing whether it is a plane in the sky, a possum rustling in the hedge, or a teeny, tiny bug spinning in the oblivion of the bowl of a soup spoon.

And I am still chuckling.

With the issues of my PC upgrades, the excitement of our MQX Quilting Evolution announcement, I have been somewhat remiss with my work on my genealogy research. But all in all, A Genealogy Hunt, last night was ranked #1 Genealogy Website at TopListed.Net. This morning it ranked at #4.

Today I will be sitting down and try to organize my thought processes of my genealogy research and search. I need to focus in on prioritizing those branches I want to pursue.

Oh and the quick recipe for the Kabocha Pumpkin Soup. About ½ a Kabocha Pumpkin peeled, seeded, and chopped into cubes. Six whole cloves and 2 ½ cups of chicken broth. Bring to boil, lower heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Remove cloves. Add 1 onion, 1-inch ginger, 6 cloves of garlic all finely chopped. Some salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 more minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of white Miso (paste) blended in ½ cup of chicken broth. Sprinkle with some chopped cilantro. Enjoy… One comment, “Best soup I ever had.”

Stay-tuned… and enjoy your day.

Regards,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template