Part 279s – Smith Robertson Genealogy – Richard Oliver Smith – Ancestry Investigation

11 May 2010

Evening,

For some time in my research and investigation and Transcription Project I have come across the name of one individual, Richard Oliver Smith. At least 16 Documents that I have transcribed have either included him as the main person of interest or at least his name has appeared in those Records. And of course curiosity, in my case, in my search for the ancestry and genealogical origins of my ggg-grandfather James Smith is the nature of my quest.

I decided that if I could research the ancestry of Richard Oliver Smith I may be able to get to a point that I could confirm or reject him as a relative and/or connection to ggg-grandfather James. Before going any further I cannot state at this time, either positively or negatively whether I have found a connection or family relationship.

I have created a Descendant Chart beginning with Richard Oliver Smith’s paternal great-grandparents Richard and Sarah Oliver. One of their daughters, Mary Oliver married a William Smith of Antigua who was Richard Oliver’s grandfather. From the information gathered Richard Oliver Smith’s parents were William Smith of Grenada and Sarah Dean.

One source of information used to create the Richard Oliver Descendant Chart is the series publication, Caribbeanna, edited by Vere Langford Oliver in 1909. Also evidence from various Records of the Grenada Registers of Records, so far transcribed have also been used and referenced.

Here is my first draft of the Richard Oliver Descendant Chart.


If you have any questions, comments or ideas, please feel free to contact via email.

Enjoy,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template